Dog starts fire by snatching pizza from stove in Austin

Written by on August 7, 2018 in Critters vs Humans vs Critters - No comments

Never mess with a hungry dog.

This one ended up causing about $1,000 in damage to a home in Austin, Texas after jumping onto the stove for a slice — or two — of pizza.

“Minor damage to stove and kitchen after dog inadvertently turned stove on in pursuit of pizza,” the Austin Fire Department tweeted Monday morning.

Crews aired out and cleaned up the smoky home on Arrowwood Drive and left.

No one was hurt, but both people and the pooch in the house were left famished.

A dog started a fire in this northwest Austin residential area. Austin Fire Department/Twitter

One not-so-good dog on this day.

The suspect fire-starter. Austin Fire Department/Twitter

Photos Austin Fire Department/Twitter

Liked it? Take a second to support Critter Files on Patreon!

About the Author

Dawn Walton

Recovering newspaper reporter.

Leave a Comment